Boomer Gomers

Home Forums Member Created Forums Boomer Gomers

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      GoForItGoForIt
      Participant

I am a boomer. I am unfashionably a boomer it seems nowadays. I was born post war and grew up in the following years to be conservative in not only my beliefs but in the idea that one does not throw stuff away if it does not work. I still have a lot of ‘stuff’ that still works, consequently I have a comfortable lifestyle here in Texas. Believe it or not I worked and saved our $ for the future. I was fortunate enough to marry a conservative Yankee woman from the same era. I give a lot of credit to her for our current state. I have empathy for those who came after us and who must scratch and sacrifice to even raise one child in our current political/cultural environment. I believe the biggest impediment to one getting ‘ahead’ is lack of will and a basic ignorance of economics. General and specific information has always been the crux of a person or a civilization to better one’s lives, or survive to adulthood. Our schools do us ALL a disservice to send young adults out into the world without the means to discern propaganda from truth or a dissembled /pernicious lie.
      So, back to the lack of ‘WILL’. Our current Governments rob of us a will to do better, be better and expand our consciousness; to be not only better persons but to make a better world for us all. ‘Collectivism’ is not the answer. Only the free human spirit will prevail no matter the roadblocks. I have hope for us here in the U.S.A. but I fear for the coming dislocation of all of us from our current status as ‘defender of democracy’.
      GoForIt

as Tex believes...Keep your powder dry and your beliefs sacrosanct because no on else will, for you.

Our current Governments rob of us a will to do better, be better and expand our consciousness; to be not only better persons but to make a better world for us all.

So many people lack the capacity or imagination (or courage) to recognize where we presently are and where we are headed. Many have allowed themselves to be paralyzed (neutralized) into the left/right or Dem/Rep paradigm that they are essentially useless eaters and political pawns.

So sad.

Cog

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thoughts From Cognitive Dissonance Ψ ψ

s2Member®