Experimental/IN PROGRESS – For Amusement ONLY! :)

Home Forums Member Created Forums LionLady’s Forum Experimental/IN PROGRESS – For Amusement ONLY! :)

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      LionLadyLionLady
      Participant

This is LionLady’s sandbox.

Enter at your own risk – you may fall over laughing at my buttonology attempts! :)

Hoo-Kay – I meant the image below as an imbed, not an attachment. Back to the drawing board. Grump-grump. L/L

Lady-Lion

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      LionLadyLionLady
      Participant

COLOR TEST ATTEMPT: <p style=”color: #2b2b2b;”><span style=”color: rgb(255, 0, 0); “>COLOR TEST:  ‘Snake’ in its various forms has been with humankind since the beginning, appearing often in rock art at the very oldest of ceremonial sites all around the world. </span></p>

♥ Whoopie! I did this Special Character RIGHT!!!!!!   LION HANDSPRINGS GOIN’ ON, HERE!

<span style=”font-family: helvetica; “>Trying to type in various TYPE FACES: HELVETICA</span>
      <p style=”color: #2b2b2b;”><span style=”font-family: helvetica; “>‘Snake’ in its various forms has been with humankind since the beginning, appearing often in rock art at the very oldest of ceremonial sites all around the world.</span></p>
      <span style=”font-family: helvetica; “><span style=”font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; “>Arial, </span></span>
      <p style=”color: #2b2b2b;”><span style=”font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; “>‘Snake’ in its various forms has been with humankind since the beginning, appearing often in rock art at the very oldest of ceremonial sites all around the world. </span></p>

SML-Snake-Hia-Dup

Well. Obviously NO JOY here – I was using the commands under the VISUAL tab and all I get are symbols/code and no actual results, even if they show up as results in the initial attempt. When the SUBMIT button is punched, what shows up is gibberish.

Back to the proverbial drawing board. I won’t upload my next post until I get this right. No point!

:( L/L

Attachments:
      LionLadyLionLady
      Participant

Have copied Disenchanted’s pithy directions for image addition, so I can follow along and try this again:

Click on reply (check), click on text(check), copy image location(huh? off the web, yes? What about off my desktop?), click on little button in the middle(in text mode) that sez “img,” (check) paste in image location (check), click on ok(check), type in brief desription of image (check) and tick box to prevent other associations (none seen so not available on a Mac), click on ok (check), voila! (We’ll see . . .)

YES YES YES !!!!! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! Wheeeee!!!!

<span style=”font-family: ‘arial black’, ‘avant garde’; color: #ff0000;”>INSERT FANCY HEADING???</span>

Obviously, NOPE for fancy stuff from the VISUAL tab. Still no joy using any of the buttons under VISUAL – although once this stuff was all uploaded via the TEXT tab, I was able to go into it from the VISUAL tab and try to do stuff. Maybe these VISUAL buttons/selections are all disabled? A good place to begin a little exploration . . .

TEST ONLY - My Babas' Impanda - Image from Web
      CAPTION HERE? NOTE: This is the impanda where I did my thwaasa. That’s my Baba sitting there! This pic is off the WEB.

BRILLIANT! IT WORKED!!!!! BUT – no caption showed up, so I guess I must add my own separately? Yep. See above test.

Now – How the heck do I do this with my own images? Enquiring Lions wanna know!
      :) L/L

Keymaster

Webmaster takes a cat nap and wham, the lions are let loose. lol

hahaha – I’ll tell you how I blew up and embedded your attachments if you’ll tell me how you got that last image to embed lol. :-)

DisenchantedDisenchanted
        Participant

Mrs. Cog said:

if you’ll tell me how you got that last image to embed

She already told you:

[Followed] Disenchanted’s pithy directions

LOL!

“pithy” hmmm, OTOH maybe LL just has a lisp. OUCH!

"There is a dream dreaming all of us." ~ Kalahari Bushmen

LionLadyLionLady
          Participant

Oh, Hi There, Dis –

Bragging a bit, are we??? LOL! Well, you deserve to! It WORKED!!! Good thing you’re far away or I’d smother you in Lion hugs. Don’ worry – you’re safe here – nobody around to bother you but half-a dozen other denizens of TIF who are slumming through my Sandbox and making impertinent comments. . .

And – LISPH??? Nah.

I give you, from the Apple on-board Dictionary:

Pithy |ˈpiθē|
          adjective ( pithier , pithiest )
          1 (of language or style) concise and forcefully expressive. See note at terse .
          2 (of a fruit or plant) containing much pith.
          DERIVATIVES
          pithily |ˈpiθəlē| adverb
          pithiness noun

So don’ give me no lip, here – I’m doin’ this right! (Even if the rest of my efforts are pathetic!)

Keymaster

super cucumbers

LionLadyLionLady
        Participant

OK. OK. Go ahead and rub our collective noses in it, Mrs. Cog! Nice. Real nice!

Just because you hold all the buttons and we peons must grovel at your feet in order to get our attachment pics nicely placed in our own pathetic attempts to emulate your stellar work doesn’t mean you get to lord it over us like this. Have pity!!!!! Or, should I say ‘pithy’? (SARC/off)

I see your cucumber and raise you a pickle.

L/L

DisenchantedDisenchanted
      Participant

LionLady said:

(huh? off the web, yes? What about off my desktop?)

Yes off the web, no to off your desktop. Apparently the web mistress here can upload her own images to the TIF site and then embed them, but I don’t think we peons or other hellraisers in the back of the classroom can do that. ;p

then LL said:

How the heck do I do this with my own images?

As far as I can figure out, images on your(or my) computer have to be done as attachments…UNLESS…you use a photo hosting service such as Photobucket. I’m sure there are plenty of others out there besides Photobucket, but that’s the one I used to use many moons ago. I’ve canceled my account there long since.

What we’re talking about here though is another

can of worms

or maybe even

However…one Forum I used to belong to also had a Gallery where all members of the Forum could put up their personal pictures off their computer, and then embed them in Forum posts using the link locations from the Forum Gallery. That Forum used vBulletin software  (one form of PHP forum software) which with at one time I became pretty proficient.

Keymaster

What he said! Thx @Disenchanted

This software does not seem to have the ability (image wise) to do anything but allow you to upload attachments. That does two things. People can click on them and see the enlarged size and it puts your attachment into the media library, where I can then easily embed them for you. The plugin developers who came up with the addition of these buttons to the forums for users to reply with maintain that this is the only way to protect the site from coodies… er viruses. They most definitely do not think it is a good idea for users to have access to that media library.

I went in a while ago (today) and played with the admin controls and backroom stuff. I actually found some really neat options to add, but they’re only for me. :-(  But, I was able to lift the restrictions on @LionLady ‘s Forum so there was not a size limit on the attachments being added and the number of attachments per reply or topic was not limited either.

I really don’t mind embedding the images as you guys post them as attachments. And I don’t mind looking into this further when I have the time. Please bear in mind it is not recommended that a website runs more than 4 or 5 plugins at a time bc their programs can cause conflicts with each other and crash the site. I am running close to 50 at this point. If I experiment with another forum plugin I would need to be prepared to spend potentially days on end trying to restore the site. It happened once before. I cried a lot. It wasn’t pretty.

in tears

Attachments:

Please don’t make Mrs. Cog cry. Pretty please with ice cream on top?

Cognitive Dissonance

LionLadyLionLady
        Participant

Dis – and Mrs. Cog:

See my own impertinent comment, above, regarding peons and hellraisers on the loose.

As for PhotoBucket or other such online treasuries of personal photos run amok and now subject to ownership by totally unworthy websites with amazing levels of chutzpah . . . N-O-P-E. Been there, done that (FB) and chose to totally disengage. I spent too many years sweating out the creation of great imagery to give it all up to someone else’s ownership. It’s MINE to upload, use and decide about – THAT is why I am so stuck on sharing here via laptop image/attachments. Example: I’ve got images no one else has regarding my own thwaasa (as far as I know, I’m the only initiate anywhere who was allowed to document my experience daily via digital photos/extensive journaling). I’ve got over 3,000 photos and I want to maintain control over them. Some will be posted here with the appropriate © info included – just for the edification of TIF’ers. So I’ll pass on that idea. And, as we go, I have other goodies I want to share here, without adding to the load of bricks Mrs. Cog hoys every day for all of us.

Now – as for having a TIF gallery for use just here – WHAT a great concept. BUT – does it mean even more work for the ‘glistening’ Mrs. Cog? If so, I’m voting against it – she has enough on her serving plate. While we frolic through this Cognificent playground, she is busily sweeping up after us all and making sure the playground is neat, tidy and there’s no broken glass or sharp, pointy stuff littering the playing field. That’s enough work for her to do – so again, maybe we all – and that includes whing-y me – need to just do our own posting homework, figure it out and then just GET ON WITH IT in whatever way works here without blowing stuff up – for REAL.

Over 50 plug-ins???? That way lies madness!

L/L

DisenchantedDisenchanted
          Participant

LL said:

As for PhotoBucket or other such online treasuries of personal photos run amok and now subject to ownership by totally unworthy websites with amazing levels of chutzpah . . . N-O-P-E. Been there, done that (FB) and chose to totally disengage. I spent too many years sweating out the creation of great imagery to give it all up to someone else’s ownership. It’s MINE to upload, use and decide about – THAT is why I am so stuck on sharing here via laptop image/attachments.

I understand completely, and the main reason I left Photobucket as well. Not that I created any great imagery such as yours. BTW I really like that pic(your ” thwaasa”) and can’t wait to see more.

I certainly hope I don’t bring the webmistress(or anyone else) here to tears with my online antics. You’ll have to put me in timeout in the corner with a duncecap if I do.

The Urban PepperThe Urban Pepper
      Participant
      Disenchanted
      Hey Disenchanted
      Participant
      LionLady
      Hi Mrs Lion Lady
      Participant

LionLadyLionLady
      Participant

OMG!

Who let HIM in????? He’s found the ‘Insert WP User Avatar’ button! That means armed and dangerous! LOOK at all those VEGETABLES masquerading as avatars! The man is MAD!

Mr. Pepper! My dear sir! STOP this Avatar onslaught! I mean – TYLER DURDEN? HERE ON MY THREAD????

(Sound of Lion, Weeping).

What have I DONE???

L/L

ZenscreamerZenscreamer
      Participant

IF this is just for amusement I suppose I should amuse myself

I’m just messing with words and meanings right now.

ISis – Ra – El

for example  :-)

The Master of the Technical Thinys
      Keymaster

˙uoʇʇnq dn ǝpᴉs-ʇɥƃᴉɹ ǝɥʇ ʞɔᴉlɔ ǝsɐǝlԀ

‘ʎpɐ˥uoᴉ˥

DisenchantedDisenchanted
        Participant

˙uoʇʇnq dn ǝpᴉs-ʇɥƃᴉɹ ǝɥʇ ʞɔᴉlɔ ǝsɐǝlԀ

‘ʎpɐ˥uoᴉ˥

I thought it was just me…§

LionLadyLionLady
      Participant

OKAAAY, you two brats. How’d ya do THAT?  I can’t find no such button! Where’d it GO???

Mrs. C: Thanks for so nicely accommodating me on the image inserts in the two newest uploaded responses next door. They worked very well. But – I do have a question: I wanted to use a © symbol, which resides under VISUAL, in the caption under the photo in my response to Glynn – but when I did that, it blanked out the copy box entirely and nothing showed at all for buttons under VISUAL – so I returned to TEXT, only to find everything I’d entered nicely condensed into one big, solid block of copy – all of my paragraphs turned into running dogs. UGH. Lots of extra work, there to put it right. And, when I used the TEXT ‘LINK’ button and SUBMITted, the link disappeared. It worked to simply copy/paste it from the URL box in my browser into the copy box, though. Do sub-reply comments suffer from more limited button access than original, new entries? Would be interesting to know . . .

So now – back to my original question: HOW’D YA DO THAT UPSIDE-DOWN THING-Y??? And, the mixed-up typefaces? Dis, you truly are a trickster at heart! (More, more!)

Keymaster

lol @LionLady – go to this website: /ɯoɔ˙ʇxǝʇuʍopǝpᴉsdn˙ʍʍʍ//:dʇʇɥ

and type in what you want to say and it appears below upside down. Then copy paste the upside-down message to wherever. :-)

and… just in case you wanted to bookmark that link, here it is right-side up: http://www.upsidedowntext.com/

and… to do the copyright thingy, on my computer, I hold down the ALT key and type 0169 and © appears. If you are on a mac you can make it with holding down the ALT key and typing the letter G.

I’m not sure what kinda goofy stuff you have going on with getting text into replies with the proper formatting, but both Cog and I have to use work-arounds when copy pasting long passages to WordPress. Have your people call my people and I can share the cheat sheets. :-)

DisenchantedDisenchanted
        Participant

LL said:

Dis, you truly are a trickster at heart!

Moi?

LionLadyLionLady
          Participant

Nah – more like this one:

devil face icon

But – we love ya anyway, kiddo!

Participant
      Disenchanted
      Hello
      LionLady
      Hello
      Hello

Okay I’m done:(

LionLadyLionLady
      Participant

I’ve created a monster.

“Stop me before I AVATAR again!”   LOL!

Good Mr. Pepper . . . that’s a nice boy. Come along quietly, now . . .

Participant

Mrs Lion Lady,

I’m finished messing up your thread, I’ll go now.

Mr Pepper

quietly walks away with his head down…

LionLadyLionLady
      Participant

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

My very Dear Mr. P – haven’t you noticed that your right leg is a tad longer now than your left one? That’s due to ME, gently pulling on it. :)

I have a wicked sense of humor but I never really mean it! I am delighted that you wanna play over here and I’m actually beyond amused by your crazy, cool amazing Avatar offerings here.

I made this sandbox for all and sundry – not just my fuzzy self. You are THE king of your realm over there in Veggie-Land. While I scurry around over here shaking my rattles and making shamanic whoopie noises, you’re quietly growing great stuff and sharing about it. I wish I could do that too!

When I show up at your digs, I expect to respectfully sit at your feet and take copious notes on all the wonderful things you know how to do . . . ’cause I DON’T. I’m totally a D-U-H regarding the magic of growing things. If you look closely at my thumbs you will see that they are NOT green – they are moldy, black things yearning to breathe free.

I have had my large nose pressed against the window glass over your way for ages, but too intimidated to step in and get your august attention with my silly questions. Now, I think we have common cause in that wonderful educational approach to sharing knowledge that you suggested tackling together. I was SO chuffed when you asked me to do that with you!

You just gotta get used to me being a rather large, clumsy but well-meaning old furry critter whose growl is much worse than my non-existant bite. Miaow!

L/L

Participant

http://www.mrwallpaper.com/wallpapers/lion-cub-cute-1920x1080.jpg

Keymaster

oh my gosh what a fabulous image. Just look at the size of those paws…

LionLadyLionLady
          Participant

Hi, Mr. Pepper!

Glad you came back – and with gifts, yet! Wow – that’s a lovely little guy! Thank you!

Here’s a wee friend for him – different continent, but same wide-eyed wonderful. Enjoy!

White-Tiger-Cub-from-a-Friend

:) LionLady

Attachments:
      Keymaster

Testing an upload of pdf files: This is only a test. :-)

Attachments:
      DisenchantedDisenchanted
      Participant

Beautiful kittys above. Look at in those eyes…

Trance dancing, Mongolia…

Fascinating symbology on this dude’s colorful outfit…serpents, swastikas and wolf-skins, oh my!

LionLadyLionLady
        Participant

Great images, Dis!

Thanks so much for sharing!

One thing about the shamanic world – it’s a visual feast. There are so many amazing images of shamans in full mufti, doing their thing. I am endlessly fascinated by the differences/similarities in ritual costuming, symbols and intent. A life study for sure, just trying to de-code all the meanings/usage.

BTW, I’m about to upload something over on the first thread for On the Beach, re: his energy queries. Never fear – I’ll get back to your prior questions and comments; I was just on a roll with the energy item – which will also have some new pics, the kind you were interested in seeing. Come on by, later on!

L/L

DisenchantedDisenchanted
          Participant

LL said:

Never fear – I’ll get back to your prior questions and comments

I’m patiently waiting in the queue. ;)

btw…Do you get any sense that that second shaman pic above is more of a ‘photo-op for the tourist shaman’ than the real deal?

Just asking…

LionLadyLionLady
            Participant

Hi, Dis:

About those two photos and your question about ‘show vs. tell’ in shamanic costuming – it depends.

We all tend to believe that the more ragged, animistic, shell-laden or animal-tooth/hand-stitched/faded and very worn costuming of the old-time shaman images means they are more authentic than those dressed in what looks to be modern cloth and tchotchkes – or at least that was my own belief before I knew better from direct experience.

We had to build and create all of our own dance gear during my initiation – all by hand. I’m sure it’s the same in most shamanic initiation processes. You have NO idea how much hard work that was! And, all at the same time, we were expected to do absolutely everything else required of us to as much ‘perfection’ (hah) as we could manage. We sewed our fingers off! Amulets, beading, headpieces, accessories(!), garments, rattles, etc. etc. etc. We had to make ’em all. The only things we were allowed to ‘buy’ (we weren’t – someone went out and got them for us) were raw materials like equipment, thread, beads, etc. – and our dance Hias, the sacred cloths sangomas wear onto the dance floor and to do any form of ritual. Those are specially made and available from muti (medicine) shops and merchants who serve sangomas.

Anyway, a shaman is limited to whatever is readily available to them locally when making their gear – or perhaps things given to them that they feel comfortable using. That often means, much as the current costuming prevalent in today’s Native American Pow-Wow performances, that costuming is often made from faux skins and non-natural woven materials, plastic beads (for comfort – costumes often weigh a great deal – ours run around 40lbs when we’re completely dressed so controlling the amount of weight one carries while ‘dancing’ is of concern), fake feathers, etc. You work with what is available and do your creative best. So, the guy above may be totally legit in terms of his own practice and shamanic kit/costuming. There’s really no way for me to tell. This person appears to be from the S/E Siberian/Mongolian shamanic traditions as far as I can tell from the costuming. Not able to be sure, though. Where did the image come from? Was there attribution? Would be interesting to know . . .

As for that wonderful, old/authentic-shabby costume look that feels so ‘right’ when we see a shaman dressed like that – that’s generally no longer possible. As a rule, a prior shaman’s gear is buried/interred/burned with them when they die – and by then it is pretty much ‘worn out’. You don’t ‘take on’ someone else’s gear – it is filled with their energies and that’s like asking for trouble. You don’t know what you’re getting if you put that ‘kit’ on. So – everyone starts out making or supervising the construction of their own kit.

In order to do all of this ritual costuming, we do have to resort to current materials as the old things are generally no longer available – or no one still has the skills to do them properly. Putting a dance kit together is a very personal thing; we each have items that are de rigueur for Lodge members to wear as their basic kit – but beyond that, we can ‘accessorize’ as we wish – or rather, as the Ancestors require.

Some sangomas have several kits, each for a specific Ancestor who works with them. A shaman in another tradition might well have to do the same. These guys are picky! about ‘their’ costuming and that the sangoma wears it properly when they are dancing. My Babas each have several full dance kits – and all are beautiful/gorgeous/amazing getups that are entirely hand-made. Even in the middle of a dance, the Ancestors may switch off with each other . . . and when they do, it’s back to the n’dumba asap to switch gear, all while still ‘in trance’. It’s hectic!

Good query, Dis – thanks for thinking of it. Also, I tried yesterday to upload a response to On the Beach, one with images you’ll like – as I said . . . but it didn’t work for some reason. So, I’m going to try again in a bit. Mrs. Cog had to re-set my Forum’s defaults, so I’m about to see where we are with all of that, try something we discussed earlier, and see how that all shakes out. Then, I plan to return to your last question and answer it to the best of my abilities.

The long-lost-awaited ‘What IS a Shaman?’ article is still in the works. I may finish it by the time I keel over . . . :)

Cheers! L/L

Keymaster

OK here is a test for a larger @LionLady image (in png format):

Second try – from the back end:

Ouroboros_on_a_cemetery_dooIt worked. Yay! Back to canning corn and stacking spices. :-)

Hahaha – my bad – It skewed lol. Try this:

Ouroboros_on_a_cemetery_doo

Attachments:
        LionLadyLionLady
        Participant

My Dear!

Simply Mahvalous! Good goin’! I’m totally chuffed that you had the great inspiration to try something different on this attachment upload thing-y . . . and IT WORKED! YAY!

Next up – the great PDF experiment. Hold on while I locate my stash of test tubes (shuffle, shuffle) and willing victims. Back in a flash!

Cue: Thomas Dolby – She Blinded Me With Science

Now, where did I put that virus sample . . . ? You know how absent-minded we scientific witch doctor-types are! (Sarc/OFF)

L/L
        P/S – Mrs. C – if the above is not cool, feel free to convert it to a non-embed. I dunno how. But, if it’s not a prob, can we leave it ‘as is’? Kinda fun having that here right now! L/L

i wanna play!

sam_w_bowls1

Attachments:
        Keymaster

Hello Non Compliance – Just so you know, the forum software we are using has some quirks. One of those is that when users upload images as you just did, they show as an attachment with a small thumbnail pic below their comment. If someone clicks on that image, they can see it enlarged. I try to come along a few times each day and embed a larger copy into the replies where these image files were attached so they all show up bigger. I miss a few, but catch most. I just didn’t want you to think it was you lol.

OK, dying to know… who is this Sam and what is in his bowls?

DisenchantedDisenchanted
          Participant

I’m gonna guess he’s playing them musically, and there’s probably varying depths of water in each bowl.

Is there a prize? ;p

LionLadyLionLady
            Participant

Hi, All:

OK, I’m wading in here. NonC – you had your chance to eddicate the gathered unwashed here. Gotta jump on this stuff pronto – or the opportunity to spread your pearls in the sandbox here simply vanishes.

To whit: Re: Them thar bowls . . . While I can play ‘Where’s Waldo?’ I have no idea who ‘Sam’ is –

BUT I do know about those bowls. This gentleman is playing Tibetan ‘singing bowls’, each with a different pitch. The large white bowl to his left is a crystal singing bowl, likely a base tone bowl. I have one just like it. This is big-time healing and meditation stuff. Have a listen:

Giant Himalayan Double Spinning OM Bowls ~ Full 7 Note Chakra Meditation – YouTube

There’s your ‘prize’, Dis!

BTW – dunno if he really IS “the foremost expert” as claimed in the YT blurb, but this is an excellent performance and a good intro to this art-form. Very clarifying and relaxing and uplifting. Do enjoy – and thanks to Non-C for adding this to the thread mix. We be tres ecletic, over heah!

thank you for the enlargement, mrs. cog!

the young man with the bowls is sam, my one-and-only child, my opus ….

he is a yogi and has started using the bowls when he teaches classes ….

we have had long discussions on energies, frequencies, resonance, vibrations …

the really beautiful thing is that he adds his voice, being a classically trained tenor ….

there is nothing in the bowls, disenchanted, they vibrate, giving off a tone depending on their shape and size ….

he has a crystal one, too, lion lady …..

after his years of performing, i am extremely gratified & satisfied that he has taken his mumsy’s

suggestion to use his gifts for healing …..

Keymaster

Very nice. He is a healer, listens to his mother AND is a tenor♫. The world certainly needs more like him. Good job Non Compliance. :-)

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thoughts From Cognitive Dissonance Ψ ψ

s2Member®