In The Garden 2015

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Over the past few days, I transplanted the young strawberry babies from last fall’s runners into a more permanent patch inside the garden fence where they will have plenty of elbow room. Around, but not directly on the roots, I fed them 5-3-3 organic food when replanting. There were more than 60 new plants. I see… jam in our future. :-)

Yesterday:

Moving-strawberries-to-the-garden1Same plants last fall:

New-Strawberries-Oct-2014

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Tenma13Tenma13
      Participant

very cool :)

Keymaster

Thanks @Tenma13 – good to see ya’. :-) Did you grow anything this year?

The teenager was laughing at me as she pointed out I have yet to plant anything green this Spring. And she is right. Red potatoes, red lettuce, purple asparagus, red cabbage, purple kohlrabi and strawberries… I guess it’s time to broaden my scope within the crayola box lol.

We are still three weeks away from the last frost date here on the mountain.

Keymaster

The week of May 5th is here! Well, close enough… temperatures are cooperating to finally permit the summer garden to be planted this coming weekend. Cog is tilling with the Big Boy one time for me this week. I am so ready. :-)

garden-stakes

Attachments:
      Keymaster

As I told Morpheus earlier today:

Crazy busy this week. I planted 54 pepper plants (12 different varieties), only (lol) 43 tomato plants, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, watermelons, cantaloupe, and cucumbers in the past few days. The apple trees and blueberries have finished their bloom and begun to do their magic fruit thing. The strawberries are flowering out of control. Fingers crossed for continual production this summer. I sit for a spell each day after work and send my garden good vibes just willing (maybe daring) the purple asparagus and red potatoes to pop thru the dirt. :-)

day-1-summer-garden-planting

Attachments:
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thoughts From Cognitive Dissonance Ψ ψ

s2Member®