Little Ice Age

Home Forums Member Created Forums Morpheus’s Forum Little Ice Age

This topic contains 27 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Mrs Cog 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

Abdusamatov: humanity to prepare for an ice age

On what global climate change will occur on the planet in the coming decades than face this period of humanity and how to to prepare for it, in an interview with RIA Novosti said Head of the Department of Space Research of the Sun Central (Pulkovo) Astronomical Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences Habibullo Abdusamatov.

Google translation found here

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

Here is the pdf of the above article (translated through google to English)

Attachments:
    Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

getting chilly?

From Newsweek 1975 – How cooler temps can cause drought: http://denisdutton.com/newsweek_coolingworld.pdf

The coolest year on record in the US: http://iceagenow.info/2014/10/coolest-year-record-u-s/

The founder of the weather channel says global warming is not happening: http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/526191/Climate-change-is-a-lie-global-warming-not-real-claims-weather-channel-founder

Rutgers University shows Sept. 2014 has the most snowfall ever recorded in the US: http://climate.rutgers.edu/snowcover/chart_anom.php?ui_set=1&ui_region=namgnld&ui_month=9

Polar Vortex to return with a vengeance this winter: http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/10/15/polar-vortex-will-likely-make-a-return-this-winter-says-accuweather/

Morpheus
      Morpheus
      Participant

Chilly indeed.

Will Canada, Russia, Europe, and China, cease to exist?
      Our Sun is a mediocre star in a thinly populated part of the galaxy.  It is vulnerable to diminishing supply streams. When the Sun goes inactive, the world, except for the tropics, becomes uninhabitable. We may be at this point in the 2050s.

http://www.ice-age-ahead-iaa.ca/45/canada_russia_europe_end_in_2050s.html

Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

Interesting tidbits:

Snow Fall in South East America Breaks 100 Year Records, Ushering in Mini Ice-Age

And more about the findings of Russian scientist, Habibullo Abdussamatov, head of space research at Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory:

Abdussamatov pointed to the English astronomer Walter Maunder, who noticed that sunspots had been generally absent from 1645 to 1715. That period coincided with the middle and coldest part of the Little Ice Age, which began around 1650 and extended through 1850.

“There is now an unavoidable advance toward a global decrease, a deep temperature drop comparable to the Maunder minimum,” he wrote. “Already there are signs of the future deep temperature drop.”  http://iceagenow.info/2010/05/new-little-ice-age-to-begin-in-2014/

Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

Well… we’ve been busy getting ready for the first really bitter cold this weekend. Oh, wait – except for the snow storm on November 1st. All I can say is, thank goodness we don’t live in Wisconsin just now! I need a cup of hot cocoa just to read their weather reports. For everyone who is already in the deep freeze, sending warm vibes your way <think tropical beach> :-)

More than 2 feet of snow in Wisconsin

Breaking Records in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan

Wyoming and Montana

and the  links go on and on – Russia, Canada, Turkey…

Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

Winter’s first blast of snow is one thing. But 4 feet?

and this:

An even colder, secondary surge of arctic air is expected to arrive in this part of the country early next week as a strong upper level disturbance moves south across the Plains and Midwest, dragging an arctic front thru the SE next Monday night, followed by arctic high pressure building in behind the front at the surface. Highs remaining in the 40’s deep into the SE and lows in the 20’s into eastern SC as well. http://iceagenow.info/2014/11/u-s-colder-surge-expected-week/

and in Oregon:

cold-in-OR

And brrrrr… Cog at the wood stove at 7am this morning: 8°F

brrr nov 15

Attachments:
      Morpheus
      Morpheus
      Participant

I wonder when people will start talking about cold and enough of this warming. Some humor to reflect on that point.

ByFsS3WIAAAr-Mj

Attachments:

While we may be three thousand feet up, we are only a few miles from the North Carolina border. It was 4 Degrees next to the wood stove a little after 7 am this morning.

4 Degrees - Clean

Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

And this is what happens when upstate NY gets a whole year of snow in three days. The images are worth waiting for this page to load. http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/11/buffalo_snow_photos_video_lake_effect.html#incart_related_stories

Just how does one walk the dog there now?

Attachments:
    Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

A new update on the progress/problems with record cold temps and crops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqckISwCfSs Whether or not you eat or avoid wheat/gluten and grains, the decreasing global production will have a profound effect on food prices and shortages and of course availability of food for people in the poorest nations.

duc888
    duc888
    Participant

Not to beat a dead horse but I have been a reader of some very eclectic web sites for years.  LKJ (Casseopeae) website has AGAIN been spot on, predicting this coming mini ice age almost 20 years ago.   When some idiots try to blame YOU for what the sun is doing (or not doing) and think the solution is carbon credits or another TAX, you can be sure you’re being played.

All of life is just lessons.

Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

Good work from David DuByne:

Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

Good Evening Morpheus. Cog found this link and passed it along. The New Scientist

Hmmm.. drilling on Mars to see if it had a “Little Ice Age” when earth did? My impression is this test would not yield valid results. The Maunders, who personally observed the lack of solar activity during the Maunder Minimum said that the sun had only ceased its activity when facing the Earth. In their book The Heavens and Their Story they said it was almost as if the Earth was killing the sunspots. If that is indeed the case, then Mars would still have experienced plenty of solar activity as the sun did then, as it does now, continue to fire off flares and CMEs galore from the surfaces not facing the Earth.

It is nice to see some mainstream science give the sun cred for potentially causing global cooling eras. :-)

Thoughts?

Morpheus
      Morpheus
      Participant

Hmm is right.  I smell propaganda here as an attempt to delink the role of the sun on our climate.  It is becoming more problematic as more people are discussing it and it is getting colder for most people in North America.

You see, it wasn’t solar activity causing the LIA, it was a regional problem (I have heard this a number of times) and not global – even Mars wasn’t affected.  Therefore you cannot compare today to back then. /sarc

Yes, the Maunders noticed Earth-facing quiet as they could see sunspots on either limb just as we observe today. I think Mars just was hit on the recent major solar flare while Earth was spared the stone age. I like to check out the Solar System Scope to see alignments for specific dates. Go back to the Carrington Event to see a significant one.

Mrs Cog
        Keymaster

Cog likes to remind me frequently that correlation is not causation. My response: …until it is.

This is one of my favorite references to the correlation of sunspot numbers with the Little Ice Age and what may currently be happening. Well worth the ten minutes, this is Donald Scott and Wal Thornhill from last year.

Further speculation by the Electric Universe crew as to the extent which the southern hemisphere experienced the Little Ice Age is spotty, but I find breadcrumbs here and there. This is an interesting write up: The ‘Little Ice Age’ on Melbourne’s Port Phillip Bay

Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

A good video by Rolf Witzsche that covers more than just a Little Ice Age. I also like this (I think his) voice better than his prior videos.

Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

Another excellent analysis by David DuByne – this one regarding food production in relation to solar minimums over the past thousand years. It is seems China is preparing to transition its food production accordingly.

Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

Another great analysis by David DuByne with historical weather patterns and GCR influences:

Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

Mini Ice Age 2015-2035 | Nova Scotia Agriculture Decimated, Insurers Reel From Cold Claims from Adapt 2030

Mrs Cog
      Keymaster

It’s real wake up call when people can no longer grow in their greenhouses. We humans are going to need to muster a great deal of flexibility and willingness to think out of the box for solutions to feed our families and communities soon. Between the economy and the various weather/earth changes it seems… if the thunder don’t get you then the lightening will. 

Morpheus
        Morpheus
        Participant

@Mrs. Cog
        You are spot on. Another video by Adapt 2030

Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

Another good video from Adapt 2030 with a nice shout-out to TIF

Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

Got snow?

Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

Former NASA & White House Advisor Warns of Earthquakes, Volcanic Eruptions

Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

Another very good video by Rolf Witzsche. I like that he offers solutions to these issues we face.

Mrs Cog
      Keymaster

Thanks Morpheus. I will definitely make time to watch the whole video. Rolf has some interesting and unique insights to his examinations.

Adapt 2030 has another really good video out today. His source links are below the video on YouTube for anyone interested.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thoughts From Cognitive Dissonance Ψ ψ

s2Member®