My indoor set up.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by The Urban Pepper The Urban Pepper 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    The Urban Pepper
    The Urban Pepper
    Participant

I started this project late last year and this is where I do my plant starts. I ‘m going to do some hydroponics stuff later in the year in this room. I will grow mostly lettuce when it gets too hot outside. I also use the lights to dry the herbs and tea.

Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

Very Nice. I am so impressed. You must put a good deal of time into the research and set-up alone. Is Mr. Lizard still hanging around?

BTW – I like that volcano stove. We recently acquired one but have not had a chance to break it in yet. Looking forward to checking out your videos with it. :-) http://theurbanpepper.tumblr.com/

The Urban Pepper
      The Urban Pepper
      Participant

Thank you for the compliment. I have not seen Mr. Lizard but I still hear him from time to time.  It’s amazing how many ways you can grow food, I’ve got stuff in the ground, in containers, raised beds, grow room and the dutch bucket system. I’ve  learn a lot from you tube posters like mhpgardener, texasprepper2 and indoorharvestgardens.  The grow room really gave me a big head start this year.  It also kept me very busy during the cold months.  I’m glad I spent the fiat now rather than later.

You guys really need to test out the volcano stove.  Did you get the oven attachment? I didn’t get the propane hook up as I wanted some different cooking sources. The oven test I did with corn bread muffins was awesome Test # 1 fail Test #2 fail # 3 perfect. I guess the Third time really is a charm. You guys should look at the Kelly kettle also, I’m really impressed with it. I get a lot of stuff like that @ http://beprepared.com

Mrs Cog
        Keymaster

Yes, I hear ya’ on spending it now (while it still has some purchasing power) – as well as backup components (even pots and buckets, etc..) for whatever I can think of. I use http://readynutrition.com/ in addition to beprepared.com.

Ready Nutrition (Tess Pennington’s) is where we purchased the volcano stove last year. It came with the propane attachment but we did not get the oven. I have a sun oven which is awesome. Any time of the year (temp wise) if there is sun, it rocks. I have roasted a chicken, made stews, rice and meat dishes and baked bread and brownies in it.

When you get a chance, I sent you an email on the 15th – curious to hear your thoughts.

Cog and I are out to set our first fence posts. Uncharted territory for me. :-)

The Urban Pepper
    The Urban Pepper
    Participant

I’m drying some lemon balm and peppermint tea I picked yesterday

Picture-016

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    The Urban Pepper
    The Urban Pepper
    Participant

Peppermint tea

Picture-017

Attachments:
    The Urban Pepper
    The Urban Pepper
    Participant

21 days under the lights and I planted half of them today. The tray on the left side are apple tree plants that someone started and gave them to me for their lack of commitment. I need to do something with them soon, if anyone( hint) knows how to grow them, please chime in:)

Attachments:
    Zenscreamer
    Zenscreamer
    Participant

I just watched your “indoor set up” video and I’ll have to think about how I could go about doing something like that.

***** FYI ******** I looked up your domain “theurbanpepper.com” and IT EXPIRED FOUR DAYS AGO.
    Might want to pay your bill if you want to keep it!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thoughts From Cognitive Dissonance Ψ ψ

s2Member®