Solar History: Magnetic Reversals, Ice Ages and more

Home Forums Member Created Forums Morpheus’s Forum Solar History: Magnetic Reversals, Ice Ages and more

This topic contains 68 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Mrs Cog 2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

Thought I would create and share this broad topic as I have found it relevant to some of what I have learned recently and that it may be related to things happening today. I recently read two books by Robert Felix that I would highly recommend: Not by Fire But by Ice and Magnetic Reversals and Evolutionary Leaps – both describe some of our solar history and cycles we have gone through. Given what has been happening with our sun in the latest solar maximum, we can likely expect something like a Maunder Minimum, which coincided with the Little Ice Age during the 1600s. We should not be surprised if it is something much more severe than just a LIA.

For starters into this topic, I would like to raise the concern about the increased intensity of the sun I have noticed over the past decade which may correlate to the Ozone layer which has generally been in decline for the last 40 years and more significantly in the last few decades. I wonder what has transpired in the last seven years which I have not found any data on it yet. We were once told that it was our fault (sound familiar) for the “Ozone hole” we caused due to our refrigerators and such. I am now questioning it and that it may have just been a warmup for today’s AGW pysop. There may be other explanations for its depletion. One is that high solar output could be causing it, however that is not a problem today with our sun. Another theory is that decreased solar irradiance causes a decrease in it, see the charts showing the correlation of irradiance spikes (1980 & 1990) with increases in the Ozone spikes as well as the overall decline since 1960. Another is that a Magnetic Reversal can cause it, which may be happening already with our shifting poles and changes in our magnetosphere. If it is this last one, we should expect other planetary changes as well.

irradianceOzone-level

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Disenchanted
    Disenchanted
    Participant

Hi Morpheus, I wondered what you’ve been up to…

Besides magnetic reversal there are two other types of reversals/shifts that are possiblities. One is a pole shift with actual crustal displacement, a theory developed by Charles Hapgood and supported by Einstein(and mentioned by Hancock in Fingerprints of the Gods). Modern science treats that with the same respect that Velikovsky received.

Then there’s a rotational reversal where the Earth’s rotation completely changes…we’re talking East becomes West here, sun rises in the west, etc. This is mentioned in many ancient texts. Most probably an extinction level event that would be caused by a Velikovsky’s Worlds In Collison scenario.

Have you ever looked into these two other possibilities and their histories?

"There is a dream dreaming all of us." ~ Kalahari Bushmen

Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

Great thread @morpheus – Here is the pdf of the very old book written by the Maunders themselves about their observations of the sun shutting down during the last dramatic cooling period. The Heavens And Their Story

@disenchanted – I read Hapgood’s Pole Path and found it to be a good read. If we apply Cog’s approach of (firmly) believing nothing but considering everything then a picture begins to form as I sort through these fascinating ideas on what is happening to the physical earth and perhaps why.

Although you probably understand this @disenchanted, I think a common mistake most people make when beginning to consider pole shifts is confusing the difference between geographical pole shift (the way our planet rotates) and magnetic pole shifts (which happen cyclically about every 11,500 +/- years). The Gothenburg reversal happened about (gulp) 11,500 years ago. http://redicecreations.com/article.php?id=13952

Disenchanted
      Disenchanted
      Participant

The way I understand Hapgood’s theory is that the earth continues to rotate in the same direction but the crust of the earth shifts/slips which would cause a geographical change in the poles.

A rotational reverse is something else altogether, and a worst case scenario…I think. If I remember correctly Velikovsky said that the ancient texts referring to the sun standing still was when another planet(Venus, then as a comet??) collided with the earth…then after standing still the sun reversed course as the ancients saw it. But actually it was the Earth that reversed it’s rotation. Bear in mind my memory is very suspect here…it’s been quite awhile since reading that.

Both of the above scenarios are very different from a magnetic reversal, again as I understand it. But I may be entirely wrong too.

Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

Hi @disenchanted, Been here, reading and following some great threads and learning from others. Also, a bit of writing (with more on my plate to work on) I hope to share soon.

@Mrs Cog, Thanks, you always have some relevant resource in your pocket to share. :)

I think we might need to separate the cycles Mrs Cog points out and Felix covers in both books with the “Venus” event that Velikovsky writes about. I think both are important but neither seem to have factored each other into their analysis likely for a number of reasons.

The cycles range from 360-year minimums/LIAs to magnetic reversals and larger ice ages. The reversals at 11,500 also correspond with the movement of our solar system up and down through the galactic plane. One full precession cycle of our solar system moving helically from top to top again is about 26,000. When you factor in the axial precession and since we rotate backwards, the equinoctial precession is 23,000 years – like walking against a merry-go-round the opposite direction to get to your starting point. It seems that our planet shifts polarity regularly just like our sun but not as often – whew! This would likely not cause a geographical pole or planetary shift since our gravitational and centrifugal force would prevent it, unless there was a much larger force exerted upon our planet.

Enter the “Venus” event. If Velikovsky is correct, it occured sometime 1500+/- BCE. He mentions another event 3000+/- BCE but doesn’t get into the details – I need to have a calendar ready next time I read his work.:) He describes how the comet Venus enters our solar system and interacts with our planet both electrically and magnetically as well as the impacts from passing through the tail (we don’t crash into it). It scarred our planet with unimaginable electric discharges (think Grand Canyon and Monument Valley) but the magnetic interactions were more important. As he documented, it stopped our planet from rotation for about a day – that alone would cause mass extinctions due to the stopping of our planetary core but not the surface earth and water. It also shifted the axial tilt of our planet as well as the number of days we rotated around our sun. We used to be an even 360-day solar revolution but that changed to the current 365 1/4 – 5+ extra days the ancient cultures didn’t know what to do with. He also documented several East-West changes but only gets into details on this event.

Now for a few questions I have been pondering:

• What was our sun at the time of the Venus event – our current one or another one like Jupiter or Saturn?
    • What impact, if any, does the Venus event have upon the solar cycles we have had in the past?

Thank you both for indulging and contributing.

Disenchanted
      Disenchanted
      Participant

Thanks Morpheus, I knew I was probably forgetting some things.

That’s an interesting question…

“What was our sun at the time of the Venus event?”

Here’s another question…Was(Is) our solar system a binary system?

So do you think a magnetic reversal could have just as serious consequences as the other two options I was asking about?

One other thing, you said:

and since we rotate backwards

Why is that? I remember reading that Venus rotates in the opposite direction as earth, but do all the other planets in our solar system do so as well?

Morpheus
        Morpheus
        Participant

@disenchanted

Was(Is) our solar system a binary system?

Good question also. It could have been, certainly one with Jupiter or Saturn as our other sun but the Venus event would have changed that. It could still be with another star but I suspect that evidence would be difficult to find.

So do you think a magnetic reversal could have just as serious consequences as the other two options I was asking about?

Only if you consider significant increases in volcanic activity both in strength and numbers, massive rain and snow along with flooding, rapid onset of an ice age across the globe and major increases in radiation hitting everything on the planet as serious. /sarcasm

I think if we go through a magnetic reversal, we would experience a mass extinction event which this planet has gone through many times in the past. These were worse for large mammals either due to their inability to get underground to avoid the radiation or that the radiation impacted those animals more that had larger bone structure.

Why is that? I remember reading that Venus rotates in the opposite direction as earth, but do all the other planets in our solar system do so as well?

Check out the Solar System Scope to see how planets rotate (not too mention some really cool other features on this site). Notice that Venus barely rotates on its axis and is opposite most other planets in our solar system. This fall, we will get to see how a comet interacts with a planet when Siding Spring will come close to Mars. It could confirm many theories and poke massive holes in others.

Disenchanted
          Disenchanted
          Participant

Ok I deserved that sarcasm…lol!

Thanks Morpheus for that Solar System Scope link, that is way cool.

So looking down on them from above all the planets except Venus rotate in a counter-clockwise direction. So Venus is the oddball. I couldn’t remember for sure.

Speaking of the “discharge event” mentioned in the Siding Spring(SO) link…Was that what Velikovsky was writing about in Worlds In Collision, discharge events, actual collisions of planets/comets, etc. or both? Again my memory is fuzzy on that.

For some reason I had it in my head that the crust displacement/slippage, or complete rotational reversal would be much more serious issues than a magnetic reversal. The latter is made to seem like a ‘regular ho-hum’ occurence by some sources…

Morpheus
            Morpheus
            Participant

Thanks Morpheus for that Solar System Scope link, that is way cool.

You bet.

Speaking of the “discharge event” mentioned in the Siding Spring(SO) link…Was that what Velikovsky was writing about in Worlds In Collision, discharge events, actual collisions of planets/comets, etc. or both? Again my memory is fuzzy on that.

According to Velikovsky, we came close to Venus but only passed through its tail which had many impacts on our planet. However, Mars was not so lucky as it either collided or came much closer likely losing its atmosphere. Also, the planetary scaring is much greater than ours.  It may have also caused a magnetic change on Earth but that change was more in terms of  the degree that the planetary tilt shifted.

For some reason I had it in my head that the crust displacement/slippage, or complete rotational reversal would be much more serious issues than a magnetic reversal. The latter is made to seem like a ‘regular ho-hum’ occurence by some sources…

I don’t think it is the actual reversal that is the problem, but what happens while our magnetosphere (think of it as our cosmic shield) declines.  Even a low magnetosphere is a problem but they cannot tell you that for many reasons. The mainstream claims it will take a long time to reverse and therefore not a problem but facts show otherwise that it declines, at an increasing rate, and then flips before hitting zero – just like a magnet would as another approaches it with the same polarity.

Mrs Cog
          Keymaster

@morpheus – I love your link for the Solar System scope. That is just stupid cool. I only had the main portal to SunAeon. They’ve updated their programs. :-)

@disenchanted – I have a particular fascination with the many different but similar ancient histories recording plasma “discharge events” in the sky. Nothing like a few electro-magnetic celestial bodies getting together for a bit of interaction. Now, THERE is a paradigm shift, huh?

plasmaHiggsbosonandPlasmaDischarge

Attachments:
            Disenchanted
            Disenchanted
            Participant

So that’s the origin of your avatar. I was wondering about that.

Interesting comparative pics too.

Morpheus
        Morpheus
        Participant

@disenchanted

Here’s another question…Was(Is) our solar system a binary system?

Check out The Great Year for more exploration of this question and the relationship to the <span class=”MHRHead”>precession through the Equinoxes.</span>

Disenchanted
          Disenchanted
          Participant

Thanks Morpheus. It is a very interesting subject. I’ll have to look for this and his book as well.

One of the reviews at your link mentioned reading Cruttenden’s book for more details. I found a website for his book Lost Star Of Myth And Time, which led to this .pdf article found in the “excerpt and articles” section:

Precession of the Equinox: The Ancient Truth Behind Celestial Motion

excerpt:

Binary Motion

In 1894, a great Indian sage, Swami Sri Yukteswar, wrote a science book explaining the rise and fall of the ages and attaching the cause of this phenomenon, and that of precession, to a binary motion of our sun. He said, “ We know from Oriental Astronomy that moons revolve around their planets, and planets revolving on their axis with their moons revolve around the sun, and the sun takes some star for its dual and revolves around it in a period of about 24,000 years causing the backward movement of the “equinox.” Interestingly, this statement was made at a time when there was very little knowledge of “rare double stars” (now known as binary systems) and no knowledge that some stars like brown dwarfs or black holes might be very difficult or impossible to see. According to the latest NASA figures a huge number of stars are undetectable and roughly 80% of all visible stars are now considered to be part of a binary or multiple star system. So what are the odds that our sun is part of a binary system?

Most scientists will tell you if we were in a binary system we would know it by now. However, if the orbit period were long enough or if the companion were faint enough or if gravity worked a little differently outside the solar system, as proposed by some*, then it is quite possible we would not know our sun has a companion star. And what about precession, could it be the result of our sun’s curved motion through space, which is what our sun would do if it were part of a binary system? This question raises the ire of all those who were taught that precession is strictly the result of lunisolar forces acting upon the oblate earth. Although it is an extremely complex theory that is impossible to prove or model in a laboratory, it has been left unchallenged until just the last few years, and some now say it just doesn’t work.

Here at the Binary Research Institute we accept modest lunisolar forces but have found fundamental flaws in the current explanation of precession, whereas a binary model seems to solve many of the long-standing problems in solar system formation theory. For example: it has been found that the earth does not precess relative to objects within the solar system (like the Moon or Perseids comet debris) but it does precess relative to fixed stars outside the solar system. This is very hard to explain if precession is caused by anything other than a binary motion. Also, the binary motion seems to easily solve problems with an uneven distribution of angular momentum within the solar system, and it provides a logical reason for the observed non-random long cycle comet paths and the sheer edge of the Kiuper Belt.

Other non-traditional scientists are also coming to similar conclusions. The Homann’s of Canada have been saying for several years that current lunisolar precession theory does not work, and they make compelling arguments that any rotation of the earth (as lunisolar theory requires) does not show up in time and motion equivalency measurements. And Carlo Satagata of Italy, taking a dynamicist’s approach shows us current precession theory fails miserably to account for even known relativistic effects. In summary, the lunisolar theory seems doomed while the binary theory looks very promising.

Most recently, work has been done applying Kepler’s law to a binary motion, to show that if the binary orbit were slightly elliptical, as virtually all orbits are, then precession, now at a rate of 25,770 years, (for both ascending and descending phases combined) would average about 24,000 years if the apoapsis (farthest point of distance) between the two stars was reached at the depths of the dark ages, about 500AD. This would show that the average precession rate agrees perfectly with the ancient Vedic interpretation of the Yugas.

I had posted a link previously somewhere here at TIF(“Light Reading,” maybe?)  to something related to this story(Precession) which a reviewer of Cruttenden’s book at Amazon also mentions….quote:

The author cites a variety of excellent sources, a notable one, “Hamlet’s Mill” which was a seminal work by Giorgio de Santillana, professor of the history and philosophy of science at M.I.T. and Hertha von Dechend, professor of the history of science at the University of Frankfurt, which explored the encoding of precise astronomical knowledge into the worldwide myths and folklore. Typically, although this was written in the 1970’s, mainstream academia has given little attention to this fact, as few people want to upset the status quo.

Hamlet’s Mill: An Essay Investigating the Origins of Human Knowledge and Its Transmission Through Myth
          by Giorgio de Santillana and Hertha von Dechend

Morpheus
            Morpheus
            Participant

Thanks @disenchanted

Good stuff.

On a separate note, I was listening to a show on Veritas about esoteric symbolism and they were discussing Joseph Campbell. I recalled that you had mentioned it (after searching TIF I realize now many times and you also discussed at length with L/L that I had not read). I had no idea about the relevance of his work. I just ordered Hero With a Thousand Faces and it looks like I have more books to add to my stack. :)

Now it seems I have many more questions than answers. One that I would like to explore is what is the role and influence causing the magnetic reversals and how do they relate to the precession and if it is a binary system, then how does that impact it. I still have many questions about the “Venus” event of about1500 BCE and what impact that had in the development of the major religions.

Disenchanted
              Disenchanted
              Participant

Morpheus,

If you’re looking for Joseph Campbell books, his The Masks of God series is a must(4 volumes). I’m still looking for the fourth one.

L/L and I discussed some of the shortcomings of Campbell’s writing as well…authoritarian-ish, male-centric and other such things.

Incidentally I found a ten minute (sort of )summary of  The Great Year on youtube, it’s here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRHo9JS2s8k

Morpheus
                Morpheus
                Participant

@disenchanted

Thanks for the link, the movie was about 55 minutes so it was easy to watch.

If you’re looking for Joseph Campbell books, his The Masks of God series is a must(4 volumes). I’m still looking for the fourth one.

L/L and I discussed some of the shortcomings of Campbell’s writing as well…authoritarian-ish, male-centric and other such things.

I saw some of that discussion and noted that book as another one to put on my list. My nightstand is going to be rather tall. :)

Disenchanted
                  Disenchanted
                  Participant

Morpheus,

I wonder if The Great Year is available at VUDU or other similar outlets…or is it in available only in DVD form?? Was it on PBS originally?

By the way here is Walter Cruttenden’s website link:

http://www.binaryresearchinstitute.org/

Disenchanted
                  Disenchanted
                  Participant

@ Morpheus,

Thanks to those links you emailed me yesterday I found what I think is The Great Year online in it’s entirety. This is 46 minutes though and not 55. It’s here:

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/33373/THE_GREAT_YEAR/

Morpheus
            Morpheus
            Participant

Duplicate post

Morpheus
            Morpheus
            Participant

@disenchanted

After reading the PDF you shared, I am even more interested in the work of Walter Cruttenden. I did find an interview with him on Red Ice that I plan to check out before purchasing his book. It looks like a good book and fits here on this forum topic. Thanks for finding and sharing it.

Disenchanted
              Disenchanted
              Participant

@ Morpheus

First off, you’re welcome, re: the .pdf. As for the Red Ice Radio interview I see you have to subscribe to listen. So I found this at youtube that’s about an hour and a half long…for those such as myself who aren’t redice radio subscribers. Maybe it covers some of the same ground.

Walter Crittenden – Lost Star of Myth and Time

When I did this search at YT I saw there were some ten minute segments from the redice radio interview available as well.

LionLady
    LionLady
    Participant

Hi, Team Electric:

Gee, I’m enjoying this thread! Can’t offer up much that’s new and amazing although I did spend the better part of 2011 on these subjects – and I’m right there with y’all in terms of my own findings in general. I think I’ll just sit here and sop up all your collective insights! :)

I really appreciate your approach to presenting this information, Morpheus – very cogent and clear and sensible about some literally ‘earth-shaking’ stuff. And, Mrs. Cog – GREAT GRAPHICS! Thanks for putting them up; I do recall them from the ‘Ancient Sky’ vid. I have a lot of books on rock art that include these very symbols – now, after watching that great documentary, I see them entirely differently! And, I now understand your Avatar. Crackly!

We may have a lot of human-created ‘sturm und drang’ going on here on Earth at present . . . but my money’s on good ol’ Mom Nature and her very much larger Galactic buddies in terms of the REAL ‘Upcoming Events’ we should be paying attention to. Cycles, my children – Cycles.

Nothing linear about this electric universal light show about to take the floor. We’ve been here before and will be here again and it’s all part of the evolutionary stair-stepping into wider horizons for whatever life form/force is next up for planet Earth. I’m no scientist and never have been, but I do have eyes to see and the ability to use common-sense evaluation regarding what’s put before me.

Thanks for bringing sense to a subject where there’s been so much nonsense out there for a long time. And that includes closed-minded academics and authorities who have reps to protect and grants to hold onto, who currently call the official ‘shots’ and suppress real research. And I include NASA/JPL and all the obvious players we look to for ‘the official (BS) story’.

The real story is something else.

Glad we’re looking, here – and a respectful nod to all here at TIF who are willing to entertain new ways of examining what’s right in front of us.

Viva, Velikovsky! Up, Thunderbolts! LionLady

Disenchanted
      Disenchanted
      Participant

Off topic I know…well sort of, but since LionLady mentioned cycles. I happened upon two very interesting sites on cycles some time back.I can’t remember if I saw these mentioned at ZeroHedge or elsewhere. But I still have them bookmarked.

Here they are:

Foundation For The Study of Cycles

at which you’ll see down towards the bottom, this(many others listed besides the ones I’m quoting):

A Partial Listing of Various Phenomena in Which Rhythmic Cycles Have Been Discovered…

NATURAL SCIENCE

ASTRONOMY AND ASTROPHYSICS

• Auroras, comets, meteor showers
      • Planets, satellites, asteroids
      • Rotation of galaxies
      • Sunspots and other solar phenomena
      • Variable stars

and this site:

Cycles Research Institute

Morpheus
      Morpheus
      Participant

Thanks @lionlady,

Glad you are finding it interesting and it is certainly a group effort to solve some of these riddles. Given the right opportunity to discuss (which the Cogs have done so well here with their forums) issues, groups tend to solve problems quicker and make better decisions.

This topic has been something I have been bumping into for some time as many issues and pysops seem to connect to our solar history and events.  An enormous effort is done to keep EU theory and solar impacts from the public. There are very few people who understand the relevance of what we are discussing, and even fewer understand the potential impact. It is also shows how effective the psyops really are in relation to AGW, UFOs and even the major religions and much more.

Lots of great stuff to explore further.

Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

The Greatest Science Challenge in the History of Civilization
    The challenge is, to respond in the most efficient manner to the largest, impending, physical event in the history of civilization, in the form of the start of the next Ice Age with the Sun going inactive sometime in the 2050s timeframe.

http://www.ice-age-ahead-iaa.ca/45/index.html

If you can deal with the computer generated voice, it is well worth watching as there are some amazing diagrams and images (including Mrs. Cog’s avatar). It puts together well and easy for anyone to understand. I also like that he presents some solutions to the problems we face.

Mrs Cog
      Keymaster

I thought Rolf’s presentations were very informative. What I thought was the most important piece of info to add to my personal toolbox of evaluating the upcoming grand minimum was the rate of diminishing solar winds that he presents so clearly. Anyone following the electric universe discoveries and developments can see what this could imply in terms of more rapid or perhaps even sudden changes.

linear_solar_diminishing

I didn’t disagree with his findings, but did question his conclusions as they did not incorporate the roll of consciousness in causing or changing celestial events. Nor did his suppositions account for those non-cyclical events such as Venus and Saturn possibly sitting in our nearby skies. There is of course the unaddressed issue that it appears humanity has survived in the past whatever is about to happen in the future.

Not to beat a dead horse lol… but as Cog frequently says, perhaps it is best not to believe anything but to consider everything.

Thanks for more good info @morpheus. :-)

Attachments:
        Morpheus
        Morpheus
        Participant

Thanks @Mrs Cog

I agree with your questions as those were two things I was thinking about as I watched it. I was also wondering about magnetic reversals as it only really describe some of the impacts from the decline in the magnetosphere and only minor pole shifts. There were a number of slides that reinforced much of what I have been researching lately, like this first one – Cosmic Ray Showers. I also like the second one for obvious reasons. :)

cosmic-ray-showers

primer-fields

Attachments:

Mrs Cog
          Keymaster

Oooo – I like the second image. It makes me look so thin… a little extra off around the torus lol.

That twirling torus always reminds me of those lyricsEvery time that wheel turn ’round, bound to cover just a little more ground.

Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

This talk was given by David Talbott on the opening night of EU2014 conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It was an introduction to his two Sunday presentations that previewed Episodes 4 and 5 of the Symbols of an Alien Sky series.

David Talbott: Symbols of an Alien Sky — Evidence That Matters | EU2014

Disenchanted
    Disenchanted
    Participant

Morpheus I saw/read somewhere that the weakened magnetic field has something to with the tornadoes that develop now to be much stronger than they would be normally. Have you heard anything on that? Once again I can’t remember the source…I must be going senile early.

Morpheus
      Morpheus
      Participant

@disenchanted

I haven’t seen anything that magnetic reversals directly causes or increases the strength or number of tornadoes. However, there may be indirect influences that affect them. With a decline in the magnetosphere, there will be an increase in Galactic Cosmic Rays hitting our atmosphere causing an increase in cloud formation. One other factor that may occur as a result or in concurrence with a magnetic weakening is the electric weakening of the solar dynamics which would also increase cloud nucleation. Piers Corbyn also documents an increase in extreme weather due to the solar weakening.

I have read that the magnetic weakening directly causes an increase the number and severity of volcanic eruptions which would have an impact upon the weather systems likely influencing tornadoes. I have done my own research on volcanoes and can show an increase in both number and severity of eruptions in the past 400 years correlating with the decrease in the magnetosphere.

Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

11,000 Year Sunspot Number Reconstruction
    NOAA Paleoclimatology Program and World Data Center for Paleoclimatology, Boulder
    According to our reconstruction, the level of solar activity during the past 70 years is exceptional, and the previous period of equally high activity occurred more than 8,000 years ago. We find that during the past 11,400 years the Sun spent only of the order of 10% of the time at a similarly high level of magnetic activity and almost all of the earlier high-activity periods were shorter than the present episode.

File:Sunspots 11000 years.svg

Evidence for distinct modes of solar activity
    Sunspot number reconstructed by Usoskin et al. (2014), from 1150 BC until 1950 AD. The red curve depicts the directly observed sunspot count since 1610.

thumbnail

a) Radiocarbon 14C production rate; b) Geomagnetic dipole moment M(t) as taken from the A_FM ensemble of 1000 archeomagnetic field models

Very interesting information. We little humans running around on the surface of the Earth like ants have no idea how vulnerable we are to the vagaries of the sun. I suspect once again we shall learn……and then once again forget.

Though I have often wondered if humans ‘forget’ or are they manipulated into never remembering. Knowledge is power and knowing our true history is very useable power. Great incentive for those who wish to control us to do so. It really isn’t as hard as it may appear at first blush. Mind memes, once started, tend to follow their own path with only an occasional nudge needed by those who know where to apply pressure.

The most powerful controlling meme isn’t one that suppresses information, but one that just induces a desire not to know in the first place. Natural curiosity is being washed out of the culture.

Cognitive Dissonance

Morpheus
        Morpheus
        Participant

Knowledge is power and knowing our true history is very useable power. Great incentive for those who wish to control us to do so. It really isn’t as hard as it may appear at first blush. Mind memes, once started, tend to follow their own path with only an occasional nudge needed by those who know where to apply pressure.

Yes, I wonder if one aspect of the real intentions of the Fourth Crusade that Joseph Farrell writes about in his latest book is to uncover or steal this information about our solar history. If it were known and understood, then the monotheistic religions of past and present and their ability for mind control would become irrelevant overnight. Certainly today’s new religion of Anthropogenic Global Warming would not be possible.

How would people and society react if they knew the truth? I suspect it wouldn’t be pretty.

“How would people and society react if they knew the truth? I suspect it wouldn’t be pretty.”

There is a very interesting dynamic going on there and I have wanted to write about it for years. I suspect one of the reasons people react poorly to the ‘truth’ is because while they know they are being lied to, when given the truth they feel it must be REALLY bad.

I can’t tell you how many people over the years I’ve had conversations with on one subject or another where they express deep skepticism regarding what an ‘official’ is telling them/us. Yet when they find out they were correct they still act panicked or frightened.

I guess I’ll need to put it down on paper in order to work through the issue.

Cognitive Dissonance

Morpheus
            Morpheus
            Participant

I can’t tell you how many people over the years I’ve had conversations with on one subject or another where they express deep skepticism regarding what an ‘official’ is telling them/us. Yet when they find out they were correct they still act panicked or frightened.

I would suspect they are acting out of fear on many of those encounters. Fear of what they now know and more about what they still don’t know.  For me, I feel fortunate that I now have answers to some questions most people don’t even know to ask.

I guess I’ll need to put it down on paper in order to work through the issue.

I look forward to it.

Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

@morpheus, are you watching this Bardarbunga caldera in Iceland? Forget Yellowstone, this thing is really active. This magma movement certainly compliments Robert Felix’s theories.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/iceland-volcano-bardarbunga-volcano-remains-poised-to-erupt-1.2742591

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/20/world/europe/iceland-volcano/

bardarbunga

Attachments:
    Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

Great interview with Dr. Robert Schoch – more to consider in our solar history:

duc888
    duc888
    Participant

…also along with that 11,000-12,000 cycle is the “Winged dragon”.  Nearly every ancient culture makes mention of it.

All of life is just lessons.

Disenchanted
    Disenchanted
    Participant

@ Morpheus

Thought this might fit in here and that you might find it interesting. This article is from quite a few years back btw.

Forget About Global Warming: We’re One Step From Extinction:

http://cassiopaea.org/2011/03/21/forget-about-global-warming-were-one-step-from-extinction/

Since we discussed this(two suns) above, this part from the link immediately caught my eye:

We find it amusingly synchronous that one of the themes of the Cassiopaean information is planetary destruction via a Comet Cluster that cycles through the solar system every 3,600 years as a consequence of the orbit of our Sun’s solar Companion, a smaller, dark, Twin Sun. As it happens, Firestone, West and Warwick-Smith also talk about a bombardment of Planet Earth by literally thousands of asteroids, comets, or other debris, though they attribute it to the supernova 28 or 29 thousand years earlier; it took that long for the ejecta from the supernova – along with debris it kicked out of the Oort cloud – to reach Earth.

This may have been where I got the idea originally that we might have a binary solar system…

Morpheus
      Morpheus
      Participant

Gulp. Thanks, I need to spend some time reading this before I can comment but on first glance, it has lots of relevant information. Stay tuned.

Disenchanted
        Disenchanted
        Participant

@ Morpheus,

Apparently that article was originally written in March of 2007. I thought it was from 2011 since that was in the link I posted above. I found out different this morning when I visted SOTT.net’s Comet and Catastrophe series and saw the article I had linked above(3rd one down at link below). Interesting series of articles as well. Lots of reading though.

Signs Of The Times – Comets and Catastrophe Series

The first article there is called Fire and Ice: The Day After Tomorrow where there’s a link to the Robert Felix site(iceagenow.com). This was from back in January 2007. When did you first discover Robert Felix? The first I had heard of him was from what you posted here at TIF. Guess I wasn’t paying attention when I had surfed SOTT.net and Cassiopaea.org in the past.

There’s also a SOTT article from Friday Aug. 29th about the volcano activity worldwide…

Volcanoes erupting around the world this week in pictures:

http://www.sott.net/article/284716-Volcanoes-erupting-around-the-world-this-week-in-pictures

“Mount Tavurvur erupts in eastern Papua New Guinea on Friday.”

LionLady
          LionLady
          Participant

Hi, Dis:

Thank you for the reminder re: SOTT as a resource. Back when I started researching (2011), this was one of the first sites I linked to for daily checking. Eventually, I went into overwhelm with the never-ending cascade of info and de-linked. There are some very interesting avenues for exploration here, so I’m glad you’ve reminded me to check back at SOTT every so often.

Re: the ‘Forget/Extinction’ article you posted above for Morpheus:

I can’t put my finger on it, but there were several things in there that felt ‘wrong’, if you will. I don’t have the time right now to puzzle out why I had that response, but I trust it when my wame goes a bit sideways about info. I think overall that something as swift, condensed and all-pervasive as what is sketched out there would make for a global extinction event that would render ‘The Flood’ of old a ‘minor’ event – and wouldn’t leave much beyond plankton alive and kicking in its wake.

And yet – here we are, only 12,000 years later? Hmmmmm. Perhaps ‘time’ truly IS that elastic/non-local/non-linear . . .

Just a thought to chew on . . . while you’re chewing on everything else on your plate.

Hugs and Good Thoughts from
          L/L

Morpheus
          Morpheus
          Participant

@disenchanted

I hadn’t read the article yet so thanks for the clarification, definitely some old data but interesting link to Felix. I found him on Red Ice while reviewing some of the guests for the SSP Conference. It was a great interview and bought his books after that – both an easy read. His blogs are good to keep up on for specific types of information.  However, I found him to lack the connection to certain more recent solar history but his research is well-documented.

Here is another person who has integrated the work of Felix and observes the uptick in volcanic activity – just found it as I was working on this reply. :) He references John Casey’s new book that seems worthwhile to check out:  He is not the first scientist to recognize the relationship of diminished sunspot activity and cooling cycles, but he is the first to have synthesized the earlier work of others who made comparable observations. His Relational Cycles theory, however, is more specific than preceding ones, pegging the arrival of significant global cold climate to begin as early as 2024 or as late as 2036. “My math says 2031” says Casey.

Yes, volcanic activity is something to be concerned about and something Felix details in his books correlating with magnetic reversals and ice ages. The image is from a graph I put together with data from the Smithsonian showing that we have seen an increase in both activity and strength over the last 400 years correlating with the decrease in our magnetosphere.

I think it is important to look at each of the three cycles (360 year – Maunder Minimum, 11,500 year – Magnetic Reversal, 100,000 year – Ice Age) we likely are facing in the coming years/decades as it explains many things and actions being taken. I find each of them written about in some places but rarely do I find them covered taken together and placed into a larger context.

Some awesome images of the sun found tonight I thought I would share.

volcanic-activity

Attachments:

Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

More great pics of the Bardarbunga Eruption:

Iceland-Volcano-Lava-Flow-11(All I could think was: And I get fussed at for running after the bear and the bobcat with a camera. lol)

Attachments:
    Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

An interesting presentation by Michael Steinbacher: Catastrophist Geology that confirms some of the research of Velikovsky.

On the Beach
    On the Beach
    Participant

OK Guys:

There have been 50 posts on this thread, wonderful posts almost all of which have links to all sorts of information sites and alternative knowledge. Deep and interesting stuff.

But isn’t it time we personally leapt off the cliff a bit?

Regarding this most recent set of discussions here on the grand cycle of 24,000 years, its cause by a companion star to our sun and the idea of a ‘ Great Year”. What do you guys think? These two issues are related. Do you think these ideas are true and represent reality?

So, never being shy about such things, I’ll jump right off the cliff to start this.

I think the sun is part of a binary star system. The procession data fits too well with this idea. The fact that the twin has not been found is not a basis for dismissing the idea. The fact that 50% of all stars seen are part of binary systems certain gives a probability boost to this idea of the sun being part of a binary system.

I am not so sure about the idea of the ‘Grand Year” and the alleged influences on humanity. I am certainly aware of and accept the idea that energetic conditions in the universe do have an effect on humanity and the way humanity operates on earth. However, the so called Grand Cycle is not the biggest and last cycle having an effect on our solar system. Actually the 24,000 year cycle is a lessor cycle inside the real Grand Cycle of a Galactic year. This cycle of about 225 million years is the real grand cycle of the solar system and must also have an effect on the lessor cycle of 24,000 years.

I am more inclined to think we are in a dark age now caused by the meddling of psychopaths in our lives. I think this has a much greater power of effect on us than any energetic aspect of the 24,000 year cycle and is where we need to focus our attention. I do not mean to minimize the potential energetic effects of the cycle. I just don’t want to miss an opportunity to do better by not looking within to fix this damage.

Ok everybody, jump off the cliff and lets share our ideas on this very interesting idea.

Thanks Morpheus and Disenchanted for all the work in keeping this thread alive and so interesting.

OtB

Disenchanted
      Disenchanted
      Participant

OtB said:

I am more inclined to think we are in a dark age now caused by the meddling of psychopaths in our lives. I think this has a much greater power of effect on us than any energetic aspect of the 24,000 year cycle and is where we need to focus our attention.

I agree with that OtB. Walter Cruttenden and others are really clinging to the idea of an ‘age of ascendancy’ maybe a little too much so. That’s a little too ‘New Agey’ for me…

I’d like to hear more about the grand cycle of a galatic year you refer to. I don’t recall hearing much if anything about that.

btw, You’re welcome(as to my input here), but Morpheus has done most of  the real work. :)

Morpheus
        Morpheus
        Participant

but Morpheus has done most of  the real work. :)

Thanks @Dis. I believe what OtB is referring to with the galactic cycle is the time it takes for our solar system to revolve around the galactic center. Each cycle of about 26,000 years is the time it takes for our solar system to to make one complete sine wave as it moves down and back up through the  galactic plane. There is likely an even greater cycle as our own galaxy rotates through the universe interacting with other galaxies – there is evidence of smaller galaxies getting torn apart by larger ones.

Morpheus
      Morpheus
      Participant

But isn’t it time we personally leapt off the cliff a bit?

Is it possible to leap a little bit or do we have to go all in? Kind of like a little pregnant:) I am ready to leap no matter where it leads.

All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. Galileo Galilei

I would agree with you about our system being binary, I had heard that 80% are binary, tertiary or even more so the chances are even greater our system is at least binary.  I would agree with both of you about the alleged influences on humanity and that Walter’s perspective is a bit too “New Agey” with his belief that about 500 AD was the peak of the Dark Ages, I think he is tying it too much with it already being named the Dark Ages for other reasons. My best guess is that we are approaching that peak, that it may coincide with the magnetic reversal that is happening and that we have not yet seen the depth of darkness as the “meddling of the psychopaths” seems to be increasing and not decreasing.

Glad to be part of this discussion with you both and thank you for all of your contributions.

On the Beach
      On the Beach
      Participant

Yes @disenchanted:

Morpheus is right. A Galactic Year is the time it takes the solar system to orbit the galactic center, about 225M to 250M years:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_year

Our position on the spiral arm means our velocity is becoming relativistic. That’s something to think about.

And according to the Wiki article our galaxy and Andromeda will collide in 22 Galactic years. Now that will be the ultimate disaster story.

OtB

Morpheus
        Morpheus
        Participant

@disenchanted This one will really twist your noodle. Each dot represents a galaxy (each with millions/billions of stars – likely binary and more with many more planets and moons). And this is only one section of the universe. We (sadly, most still do) used to think we were the top of evolution and the only ones in the universe – we would be lucky to be as advanced as most people consider a house plant is evolved.

The full 4 minute video on Laniakea. Check out the article for more.

galaxies2galaxies

Attachments:
    Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

“Earth’s Impending Magnetic Flip” – Scientific American

“A geomagnetic reversal may happen sooner than expected,” says this article in Scientific American.

http://www.evolutionaryleaps.com/2014/09/earths-impending-magnetic-flip-scientific-american/

Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

Wow. These ARE NOT the confirmation endorphins I was looking for. I am almost shocked that mainstream science has finally said it in their out loud voices. Peculiar timing with all the other chaos swirling huh?

Regarding magnetic pole shift on Earth:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earth-s-impending-magnetic-flip/

http://newscenter.berkeley.edu/2014/10/14/earths-magnetic-field-could-flip-within-a-human-lifetime/

http://phys.org/news/2014-06-video-magnetic-field.html#inlRlv

http://gji.oxfordjournals.org/content/199/2/1110

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/10/141014170841.htm

These articles have drastically different spin placed upon much of the same data. I highly recommend that anyone looking into it might consider the data without believing the conclusions of the “experts”. One only has to compare and contrast the article from UC Berkley and that of Scientific American to realize there is much more to the story.

Thanks to suspicious0bservers who posted the above references below the video here and he is planning to follow up with more information shortly.

Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

Here is a great read on the history of solar history – ancient civilizations knew much more than we were taught, suggesting humans were far more advanced than the current narrative tells. http://www.ancient-origins.net/ancient-places-opinion/civilizations-out-nowhere-002248

Disenchanted
      Disenchanted
      Participant

@ Mrs Cog

Your link is an excerpt from that author’s book The Human Anomaly. A quote from the sample chapter of that book available here:

We are a fundamentally orphaned species whose understanding of our origins has either been deliberately concealed or forgotten entirely. We’re encouraged not to dig too deep; just accept the stories we have been given to keep in line with the status quo. ~ page xii

We are a species with amnesia. ~ Graham Hancock

Mrs Cog
        Keymaster

We are a species with amnesia.

Perhaps this is the grand version of selective memory issues? I find people have a funny way of choosing what they wish to remember and forget. This must be very convenient for those who seek to direct the herds.

Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

Hidden Magnetic Portals Around Earth

Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

The Cold Sun

It is a worthwhile watch as he covers many aspects of the AGW misrepresentations in the climate “debate.” It is especially important to know what has been happening in the last few years.

John L Casey is one of America’s most successful climate change researchers and climate prediction experts. He is the leading advocate in the US for a national and international plan to prepare for the next climate change to one of a dangerous cold climate era. This new cold era is caused by a historic decline in the Sun’s energy output, what he calls a “solar hibernation.”

A few other recent and relevant links about our World Magnetic Model.

Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

I am a big fan of Michael Steinbacher’s work. The geology and formations I saw on several trips down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon certainly makes more sense now.

Zenscreamer
      Zenscreamer
      Participant

Great video! Thanks for posting. I’ve been thinking of taking the family out to see the canyons of the American West this spring & early summer, and now I’m wonder if it need to co-ordinate with the EU Conference and a ride-out with Michael Steinbacher. That would be SO COOL.

Speaking of cool — fresh off the presses from the Thunderbolts Project — bite-sized lectures coming from David Talbott!

https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2015/01/24/discourses-on-an-alien-sky-when-planets-were-the-gods/

Morpheus
        Morpheus
        Participant

Glad you enjoyed it. I would definitely go out with Michael if I had the opportunity (I might have to make one ;). He seems incredibly intelligent and very down to earth.  I also think attending the EU conference would be a great experience and I hope to attend one in the future.

Thanks for the share from the Thunderbolts.

Mrs Cog
    Keymaster

Updated info and detailed explanation on Earth’s magnetic reversal – interesting info and references.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One thought on “Solar History: Magnetic Reversals, Ice Ages and more”

1. Pingback: youjizz

Comments are closed.

Thoughts From Cognitive Dissonance Ψ ψ

s2Member®