Ukraine: Another western-backed coup?

Home Forums Member Created Forums Morpheus’s Forum Ukraine: Another western-backed coup?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Morpheus Morpheus 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant
    Tenma13
    Tenma13
    Participant

Found Dimertry Orlovs recent post on how all of the parties have failed so drastically, interesting Russian language translation too:

http://cluborlov.blogspot.co.nz/2014/02/shock-over-ukraine.html

Morpheus
      Morpheus
      Participant

@tenma13
      You made some great points and raised some important issues in post #3050.  Glad to have your voice on the forums.

I would agree with his assessment that Yanukovych has failed. While despicably corrupt, he was also weak as he failed to put down the violent protests. Imagine if Occupy or the Tea Party was burning police alive or seizing hostages. We now have it confirmed who hired the snipers to kill both police and protesters. Same MO that happened in Syria nearly 3 years ago only then they used our “frenemies”, AQ used to destabilize and invade or as our Arab Legion fighting on the ground.

As for the Western actors, they haven’t failed but actually created this problem as Nuland stated we paid 5 billion for it. They are a bunch of psychopaths who are willing to side with Nazis and fascists to bring us to the brink of war. It is clear that this is another Western/NATO backed color revolution similar to what we have seen a number of times over the past decade. This one is just more ugly and violent.

Looks like we also have RT hosts showing their ignorance or influence. With those on the “left” like Abby Martin, you have to always wonder who is a Gatekeeper like Chomsky or Amy Goodman but it is always helpful when they confirm it on those “uncomfortable” issues that most won’t touch.

Mrs Cog
        Keymaster

If Putin has drones, he has the option of taking out Taruta and Kolomoyskiy. If Putin lets Washington retain the Russian provinces of eastern Ukraine, he will have demonstrated a weakness that Washington will exploit. Washington will exploit the weakness to the point that Washington forces Putin to war.

The war will be nuclear.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/03/06/looting-ukraine-begun/

Tenma13
        Tenma13
        Participant

I would agree with his assessment that Yanukovych has failed. While despicably corrupt, he was also weak as he failed to put down the violent protests. Imagine if Occupy or the Tea Party was burning police alive or seizing hostages.

Interesting debate to be had on non-violent vs violent protest. Might take us off topic though. :)

Unfortunately I haven’t spend a lot of time looking into this. While I complexity accept that the US/EU have played a critical role in the madness, I think full blown war is a long shot. Not impossible, but the US is so over stretched militerily to fight Russia head-on is straight crazy, the type of crazy that even those in power can see has no direct benefit. The Russians are too smart IMHO to have a direct confrontation. Better fight via proxys, and its seems they have this one in the bag. Eastern Ukraine, form what I gather, is essentially Russia. The US and EU have limited resources in the region ATM, so we’ll probably hear a bunch of big talk with sweat FA being done. Alongside this, the neo-nazi thugs who’ve taken power are never going to have popular support… Epic fail on the West side, and a win for Russia IMHO.

Tenma13
    Tenma13
    Participant

Dimitry on the Kaiser report @ aprox 16mins in seems to sum up everything nicely, similar to your guy Tapley:

http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/episode-571-max-keiser-082/

Not sure what I think of RT or the Kaiser report generally as I still see it as MSN, but Dimitry seems solid/ really like his books, although he seems to give Russia a pass on number of issues…. Bottom line is Ukrainians are screwed either way which sucks.

Morpheus
      Morpheus
      Participant

I haven’t seen this show yet but Max generally does a good job with most issues – a few of he utterly fails at but many other people do as well on these same issues. He and Stacy certainly make me laugh.

I agree that none of this will benefit the Ukrainians, however, I think they would fare better with Putin than getting into bed with the West, IMF and crazies now in charge. Just ask Libyans how that “change” is working out.

Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thoughts From Cognitive Dissonance Ψ ψ

s2Member®