The only bad question is the one that goes unasked.
- I'm having trouble logging in, what should I do? First, make sure your user name and password are typed in correctly. The system is case sensitive. If you are sure your user name is correct and your password doesn't seem to work, you can request that the system reset and send you a new one. Also, I have found on several occasions when I could not seem to log in that even though the screen said my login had failed, when I opened TIF in a new tab, I was indeed logged in. Go figure. Give it a try. If you are still having problems accessing your account, please see the "Contact the Webmaster" form in the drop down menu under membership in the top nav bar and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
- How can I submit an original work for possible publication? On the top nav bar, click on "Your Turn". This will bring you to a page with instructions on how to go about submitting a work. Please do not attempt to copy/paste your work into the form at the bottom of the page. Read the directions and we will guide you through the process to email us the files we need.
- What is "Perspectives"? This is a category created to occasionally post articles from other websites. It provides an alternative perspective we found value in sharing with our readership.
- What determines which material is marked (P) and restricted for premium members? There are several factors we consider. Much of what we are sharing is somewhat personal in nature and while we share a great deal of information about our homestead and lives, we prefer not to make it all available to the general public. In addition, the content on this site takes a great deal of time to write, compile and maintain. Our premium members are facilitating our ability to make the time do this and keep the site in a state which continues to provide quality reading and information.
- Why has nothing new has been posted for a few days? In addition to our seasonal work as we implement more of a homesteading lifestyle, we are subject to periodic power and/or phone(internet) interruptions, usually due to extreme weather. Our cabin is on the edge of a mountain ridge where, during storm conditions, the effects are amplified. We will attempt to notify the readers of those circumstances by posting news under "Announcements" in the forums from our phones. The other primary reason there are small lapses in posting is due to a supply run or "errands". We are 45 minutes from the nearest grocery store, so every few weeks we need to take a day and get as much done at one time as we can. Rarely do we post or comment on those days.