Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
1. The very fact that you are visiting this web site means you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of Use of this web site as well as all applicable laws and regulations. You also agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If this is too much for you to handle and you do not agree to any of these terms you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. Everything on this web site is protected by all applicable copyright and trade mark laws.
2. Only paid Premium members are granted permission to temporarily download one copy of the materials on Two Ice Floes web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not modify or copy the materials; use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial); remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
If you violate any of these restrictions this license shall automatically terminate and your membership may be terminated by Two Ice Floes at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. The materials on Two Ice Floes are provided "as is". Two Ice Floes makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. In addition Two Ice Floes does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
The owner(s), operators, authors, writers and posters of Two Ice Floes are not accredited, trained or licensed to dispense legal, financial, medical, psychiatric or nutrition advice and make no claims to be so or to do so. Any person who reads anything on this web site understands and agrees that they have been fully warned to conduct their own research and due diligence before using any herb, oil, compound, power tool or any other organic or inorganic substance mentioned on Two Ice Floes or in the comment section by any member of Two Ice Floes.
All articles and material on Two Ice Floes are the expressed opinions of the author and are not to be construed as advice or directive of the author or of Two Ice Floes. Any comments posted by the membership of Two Ice Floes are the opinions of the individual poster and Two Ice Floes makes no warrants or claims as to the validity, correctness, truthfulness, effectiveness or source of anything posted in the comment section.
4. In no event shall Two Ice Floes or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Two Ice Floes Internet site, even if Two Ice Floes or a Two Ice Floes authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Everything you read, see or hear on Two Ice Floes, known as the materials appearing on Two Ice Floes, could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Two Ice Floes does not guarantee or warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Two Ice Floes is an opinion web site and as such everything you read, see or hear on this Internet web site should be considered strictly opinion. Two Ice Floes may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice either directly or indirectly nor does Two Ice Floes make any commitment to update the materials on any timetable or at all if Two Ice Floes chooses.
6. The inclusion of any web link does not imply that Two Ice Floes has made an endorsement of the linked web site site. Two Ice Floes has not reviewed all of the web sites linked to Two Ice Floes’ Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. Use of any such linked web site is at the users/members own risk.
7. Any and all refunds are made at the sole discretion of Two Ice Floes. You are not guaranteed a refund for any membership or other item purchased on or from Two Ice Floes. If you agreed at the time of your membership signup to automatically renew your membership on a semi or annual basis and you later decide not to renew, either cancel your renewal choice in your PayPal account or contact the webmaster at Two Ice Floes for instructions.
Two Ice Floes does not warrant that PayPal will act in a timely basis to cancel your renewal nor does Two Ice Floes warrant that they will act on your request on a timely basis. It is your responsibility to first attempt to cancel your renewal inside your own PayPal account. We will attempt to correct any inadvertent mistakes by any party, but will not refund any fees that were collected by PayPal and not returned to us.
Because the Two Ice Floes membership fee, either semiannual or annual, is considered by Two Ice Floes to be de minimis and Two Ice Floes explained in the “Two Ice Floes Welcome” that the member is joining for the full term with no expectation of a refund Two Ice Floes will not refund your membership fee. Any exceptions to this rule will be made on a case by case basis and no warrant or guarantee is made that after reviewing your case a refund will be issued.
Under no circumstances will a member receive a refund of their membership fee that has been expelled from Two Ice Floes for cause or for any other reason as determined by Two Ice Floes.
When you register for a Premium Membership you are directed to make payment for the membership via the PayPal payment services. Two Ice Floes is never in possession of any of your payment information, including credit or debit card numbers, expiration dates, Security Codes or billing/home addresses.
When you make a payment you are contracting with PayPal to charge your credit/debit card(s) or bank account(s) and any personal information inadvertently exposed by this process either during or after the fact is the legal liability of PayPal payment services and not Two Ice Floes.
8. Simply by using the Two Ice Floes web site you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use. Two Ice Floes reserves the right to revise the terms and conditions of use for the Two Ice Floes web site at any time without notice.
9. Any claim made against or relating to Two Ice Floes web site shall be governed by applicable state law without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Comments and Insane Asylum Forum Rules
Please understand that this web site and the forums are a work in progress. We reserve the right to change our minds on its design and the rules as we see fit. Please use good judgment at all times when posting comments and replies. While I can’t accurately describe “good taste” I know it when I see it. And you should as well. Try it, you’ll like it.
1) Please understand that this is not fight club. It you want to punch, kick, scratch, bite and troll then head on over to Fight Club. Violators will be warned to stop and if they do not do so they will be shown the door without a refund.
2) This is not to say that Two Ice Floes will be a politically correct no-free-speech web site. Not by a long shot. We understand that emotions will occasionally boil over and profanity will be used from time to time. We welcome and encourage spirited conversation. As well, we expect comments to be challenged, particularly poorly thought out egotistic diatribes or narcissistic narrow mindedness.
But there is a sometimes fine, sometimes broad, line between challenging someone and being abusive. While I understand that opinions on this subject will differ, please understand that Mrs. Cog and I are the sole arbiters of what constitutes abuse and our decision is final.
3) Obviously this means that the forum will be moderated by Mrs. Cog and I. At some point in the future we will consider elevating respected members of the forum to moderator status, but for now it’s just the two of us running the show here. So if you see something you think should be brought to our attention please contact the webmaster (the talented Mrs. Cog) under the "Membership" tab at the top or myself via "Finding Cog > Contact" at the bottom of the page and we will take a look.
4) On a trial basis we will allow forum members to embed links and images as they please. Let me repeat that this is on a trial basis. If we find this feature is being abused, rather than try to police it we will simply remove it. At this point, due to web site limitations it is an all or nothing feature. We will keep everyone informed of changes if and when they are implemented.
5) While building this web site we made many decisions on plugins and modifications, and one of those was electing a PG ‘rating’ on avatar images. We don’t control that setting, we’re not even sure what it means or how it is policed. But if you are having trouble uploading that avatar image of a naked bimbo this might be the reason. We will consider changes to this system as the web site develops and matures.
6) For security reasons, as of now there is a five minute window in which you can edit your post. This may or may not change in the future. So we strongly suggest that you read, then reread your post before hitting the save button. Then read it again after it posts because the clock is ticking. Tic Toc
7) Want to see a topic discussed that’s not already up on the forum. Create it yourself. But understand that the same “good taste” rules apply to your topic and it will be pulled if it is offensive or abusive.
Play nice and do not dominate the forum by creating dozens of topics. Please restrain yourself or we might need to. As well, if you create a forum we expect you to visit it often and monitor what's going on in your creation. Please contact us immediately if you feel something needs to be addressed.
8) Want something added, subtracted or changed in the forum? Contact the webmaster (the lovely Mrs. Cog) or myself and we’ll take a look. No promises, and there are limits to what we can do even on this heavily modified web site. But we are constantly finding new ways to do things, so ring us up with your ideas or comments.