From Mrs. Cog's Corner
Should you store food for the long haul? Which foods should you stock up on? How long can certain foods be stored for? What are the drawbacks of stocking quantities of food for the long term? Can these long term foods offer real nutritional value? Are there foods that are affordable now that may not be in the future?
Resources you may find useful:
- Food Storage and Survival: http://foodstorageandsurvival.com/
- Ready Nutrition: http://readynutrition.com/
- Survival Acres: http://survivalacres.com/shop/content/6-dehydrated-food-vs-freeze-dried-food
- LDS Long Term Food Tables: http://www.lds.org/topics/food-storage/longer-term-food-supply?lang=eng
- Off Grid Survival: http://offgridsurvival.com/survivalfood/
- Daily Survival: http://daily-survival.blogspot.com/2011/02/long-term-food-storage-shelf-life.html
- Survival Food You Can Grow: http://www.theprepperjournal.com/2013/09/13/survival-food-10-growing/
- National Geographic on forest gardens: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-castle/articles/plant-your-own-secret-survival-garden/
- Container Gardening: http://www.container-gardening-for-food.com/survival-food.html
- What's Cooking America - Food Storage Guidelines: http://whatscookingamerica.net/Information/FreezerChart.htm
- Storage for home grown crops: http://www.motherearthnews.com/organic-gardening/food-storage-zm0z12aszcom.aspx
What are your recommendations and helpful links?